Have you recently tested positive for COVID-19, or been exposed to someone who has and is now exhibiting symptoms? If so, you might be concerned as to how to care for yourself without infecting others. While coronavirus is a serious diagnosis, it doesn’t have to be difficult to care for at home. Read on for a few tips from the CDC.
Stay home except to get medical care.
• Stay home. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and can recover at home without medical care. Do not leave your home, except to get medical care. Do not visit public areas.
• Take care of yourself. Get rest and stay hydrated. Take over-the-counter medicines, such as acetaminophen, to help you feel better.
• Stay in touch with your doctor. Call before you get medical care. Be sure to get care if you have trouble breathing, have any other emergency warning signs, or if you think it is an emergency.
• Avoid public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
Separate yourself from other people.
• As much as possible, stay in a specific room and away from other people and pets in your home. If possible, you should use a separate bathroom. If you need to be around other people or animals in or outside of the home, wear a mask.
• Tell your close contacts that they may have been exposed to COVID-19. An infected person can spread COVID-19 48 hours before the person has any symptoms or tests positive.
• If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, someone from the health department may call you. Answer the call to slow the spread.
Monitor your symptoms and know when it’s an emergency.
• Follow care instructions from your healthcare provider and local health department. Your local health authorities may give instructions on checking your symptoms and reporting information.
• Know when to seek emergency medical attention. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
o Trouble breathing
o Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
o New confusion
o Inability to wake or stay awake
o Bluish lips or face
o Any other symptom that is severe or concerning to you
At South Pointe Apartments in Dallas, Texas, we understand your need for an apartment living experience that keeps you in the loop with recipes, health hacks, and wellness tips. That’s why we’re dedicated to keeping you informed of the latest, must-know information.