On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at South Pointe Apartments in Dallas, Texas encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option, Chicken Marsala. A classic chicken dish that everyone loves, this recipe blends mushrooms, Marsala wine, and cooking sherry with moist chicken breast for a dish that pairs perfectly with pasta, vegetables, and – of course – red wine! One attempt at this recipe, and you’ll see just how satisfying and tasty it is for a family of four.
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour for coating
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded 1/4 inch thick
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup sliced mushrooms
• ½ cup Marsala wine
• ¼ cup cooking sherry
1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown.
3. Turn over chicken pieces and add mushrooms. Pour in wine and sherry.
4. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.