Need to feed a crowd or just yourself? Looking for a recipe that’s quick, easy, inexpensive, and appealing to just about everyone? Try this recipe for Sloppy Joe Sandwiches! Just like the Sloppy Joes of your youth, this recipe takes one pound of lean ground beef and mixes in several kitchen staples to create a delicious, semi-sweet meat mixture. Make it for yourself when you follow the below recipe.
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• ¼ cup chopped onion
• ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
• ¾ cup ketchup
• 3 teaspoons brown sugar
• Salt, to taste
• Ground black pepper, to taste
• Hamburger bun
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
2. Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly.
3. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve meat mixture in between a bun for an easy, quick meal!
After a long day, it can be tempting to order take-out for dinner. Instead of settling, the team at South Pointe Apartments in Dallas, Texas would like to suggest this delicious and nutritious alternative!