After a long day, it can be tempting to order take-out for dinner. Instead of settling, the team at South Pointe Apartments in Dallas, Texas would like to suggest this delicious alternative!
If you’re hungry for something that isn’t takeout, let yourself get creative in your fully equipped kitchen. So, those, who need a new recipe to experiment with, can turn to one of our all-time favorite family meals. These Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches are made from five affordable ingredients, transforming into a delectable lunch or dinner on any day of the week. Get started with the ingredients list and directions below for this easy-to-follow recipe:
• 1 ½ to 2 pounds of pork roast
• 1 envelope dried onion soup mix
• Salt and pepper
• 1 can root beer
• 2 cups of barbecue sauce
• 10 hamburger buns
1. Place the thawed pork roast on a countertop and sprinkle with the dried soup mix. Pat the soup mix all over the roast. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and place in the crockpot.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the can of root beer and half a cup of barbecue sauce. Pour the mixture over the roast.
3. Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low heat for 6 1/2 to 7 hours. Remove the roast from the crockpot and shred it with two forks, then remove all but about a cup of the juice.
4. Put the shredded pork in the crockpot with the cup of juice, then add the remaining barbecue sauce. Stir it into the meat and cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes to get the meat warm.
5. Serve with hamburger buns and toppings as desired. Enjoy!