Do you love spinach and artichoke? If so, you probably find yourself reaching for any and all variations of the stuff, from dips to stuffed pieces of bread, and now, this Spinach Artichoke Soup. Featuring budget-friendly frozen spinach, artichoke hearts, and plenty of cream and cheese, this soup is rich and hearty. Serve it on its own or with French bread or crostini. Bon appetit!
Spinach Artichoke Soup
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 onion chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, minced (or 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
• 1 9-ounce pkg. frozen chopped spinach
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 3 tablespoons flour
• 4 cups chicken broth
• 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
• 1 to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, depending on how creamy you want the soup
• 1 8-ounce pkg. cream cheese
• 1 cup parmesan cheese, plus additional 1/2 cup for garnish
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute longer.
2. Stir in frozen spinach. Stir often and break apart using a wooden spoon. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until spinach is warmed throughout. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in flour, stirring well to avoid any lumps.
3. Pour in chicken broth and artichoke hearts. Heat for 5-10 minutes.
4. Turn heat to low. Add heavy cream. Stir together. Add cream cheese and let melt slowly. You want it to be at a low heat to prevent curdling.
5. Stir in parmesan cheese.
6. Season according to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese shavings.
Master the art of cooking by joining South Pointe Apartments in Dallas, Texas in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.